The Ultimate Guide to Moving Into Streeterville
May 9, 2017
Brought to you by Chicago’s Best Streeterville Movers
Right between Mag Mile and the lake, Streeterville is a bustling big city neighborhood. It offers some of Chicago’s premiere stores, restaurants, businesses and institutions, along with plenty of attractions for visitors. One of its most unique features is Navy Pier, a promenade on Lake Michigan that’s home to all kinds of fun, culture, and relaxation. When you’re moving to Streeterville, you’ll be moving to the center of the Chicago action–and as your Streeterville movers, we’ll help you get there.
Around 30,000 people live in the Streeterville area. There are a few more women than men, and a few more single households than married households. Some people have kids: most people have either a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree. Their average annual income is $160k.
Streeterville is built on a sandbar that was discovered and developed throughout the 19th century. The neighborhood gets its name from George Streeter, a citizen who attempted to claim the land for himself in the 1880s. While Streeter’s claim never stuck, his efforts, along with his not-quite-legit real estate practices, played a big role in growing the area into what it is now. Like the rest of downtown Chicago, Streeterville boomed in the 1920s, and remains a huge hub today.
Now you’ve got the gist, here are some highlights—and basics—we found to help you start your Streeterville life.
Things to Do in Streeterville
Best Restaurants in Streeterville
- Pizza: Gino’s East. Original location.
162 E Superior St. | (312) 266-3337
- Japanese BBQ: Gyu-Kaku. Grill at table.
210 E Ohio St. | (312) 266-8929
- Diner: West Egg Cafe. Breakfast and lunch. Delivers.
620 North Fairbanks Ct. | (312) 280-8366
- Diner with Bar: Flamingo Bar and Grill. Full menu and bar all day.
440 E Grand Ave. | (312) 222-0901
- Brunch: Yolk. Lunch as well.
355 E. Ohio St. | (312) 822-9655 (YOLK)
- Light Bites: Cafecito. Cuban sandwiches and coffee.
- Low Key: Beatrix. Unique menu, coffee bar, and market.
671 N. St Clair St. | (312) 642-0001
- Seafood: Riva Crabhouse. Incredible lakefront views. Navy Pier.
700 E. Grand Ave. | 312.644.7482
- Fine Dining: Tru. French cuisine.
676 N. St. Clair Street Chicago, IL 60611 | 312-202-0001
Best Bars in Streeterville
- Cocktails: GreenRiver. History-fueled mixes. Also a restaurant.
259 E. Erie 18th Floor | (312) 337.0101
- Views: Tiny Tavern. Cocktails and food. Navy Pier.
600 E Grand Ave | 312-374-3923
- Pub: Lizzie McNeill’s. Right on the river.
400 N McClurg Court | (312) 467-1992
- Rooftop: Streeterville Social. Open for good weather.
- Intimate: Niu Japanese Fusion Lounge. Sushi and cocktails.
332 E Illinois St. | (312) 527-2888
- Arcade: FTW. Mini golf and prizes.
322 E Illinois St. | (312) 881-5000
- More Games: Pinstripes. Bocce, bowling, patio, and full menu. Kid friendly.
435 East Illinois St. | (312) 527-3010
Grocery Stores in Streeterville
Coffee Shops in Streeterville
Gyms in Streeterville
Pet Parks in Streeterville
Streeterville Local Post Office and Delivery
- United States Postal Service
355 E Ohio St., #200 | M-F 6am-6pm
- UPS Stores
207 E Ohio St. | M-F 8:30am-6:30pm, Sat. 9am-5pm
Dry Cleaners in Streeterville
Grand Ohio Cleaners & Shoe Repair
211 E Ohio St # 4. | M-F 7am-6:30pm, Sat. 9am-4pm
- Onterie Cleaners
448 E Ontario St. | M-F 7:30am-6:30 pm, Sat. 8:30am-4:30pm
- 540 Drycleaners and Tailor
540 N Lake Shore Dr. | M-F 7am-7pm, Sat. 8am-4pm
Parking in Streeterville
- Ward 42 resident parking information
This has been a tiny sampling of the great things you’ll experience at your new Streeterville home. As a seasoned Streeterville moving company, we’ve learned all about the staples and cool places in the area. We’re happy to share more!
As you’re planning your big move, cross one major thing off your to-do list, and book Streeterville movers who’ll a take load of stress off your mind. Call us at New City Moving, and we’ll help you move safely, smoothly, and on-schedule, so you can settle right in and start living your greatest Streeterville life.
Page Updated on November 16, 2018