The Ultimate Guide to Moving Into Ukrainian Village
June 13, 2017
Brought to you by Chicago’s Best Ukrainian Village Movers
Home to a community that’s been going strong for a century, Ukrainian Village is a unique and thriving part of West Town. The neighborhood is anchored by its Ukrainian businesses, churches, and community buildings, many of which were established generations ago. Now, more and more brand new businesses, hotspots, and homes are coming in. Ukrainian Village boasts a beautiful historic look with a trendy neighborhood feel and true tight knit community. As your Ukrainian Village movers, we’ll be happy to help you settle in your new home, so you can find your place here too.
In Ukrainian Village, men outnumber women by a very slight margin. The 52,000 residents have a median age of 30, and many have kids. Many adults have at least a bachelor’s degree, but all levels of education are represented. The average household income is $92k a year.
Since the end of the 19th century, Ukrainian Village had been known as a hub for Eastern European immigrants. It first attracted a significant swath of Ukrainian residents during World War I. Immigrants from Ukraine continued to join the neighborhood throughout the 20th century, bringing diverse skill sets and establishing . The Ukrainian community remains strong today, though new residents from other backgrounds continue to join and enrich the area.
Now you’ve got the gist, here are some highlights—and basics—we found to help you start your best Ukrainian Village life.
Things to Do in Ukrainian Village
Best Restaurants in Ukrainian Village
- Pizza: Naty’s Pizza. Classic neighborhood joint that delivers.
1757 W Chicago Ave | (312) 666-7229
- Thai: JJ Thai Street Food. For delivery or sitting in.
1715 W Chicago Ave | (312) 929-4435
- Mexican: Takito Kitchen. Cocktails and weekly specials.
2013 W Division St. | (773) 687-9620
- Southern USA: Leghorn Chicken. Counter service. BYOB.
959 N Western Ave. | (773) 394-4444
- Classic Ukrainian: Old Lviv. Buffet with traditional favorites.
2228 W Chicago Ave. | (773) 772-7250
- Hip Ukrainian: Tryzub Ukrainian Kitchen. A modern spin. Vegetarian friendly.
2201 W Chicago Ave. | (773) 698-8624
- Burgers: WHISK. Brunch in the day time, fresh burgers in the evening. BYOB.
- Farm to Table: Homestead on the Roof. Rooftop with extensive drink menu.
- Brunch: Bite Cafe. Also lunch, dinner and dessert. BYOB.
1039 N Western Ave. | (773) 395-2483
- After the Meal: Black Dog Gelato. Fantastic flavors for any time of day.
859 N Damen Ave. | (773) 235-3116
Best Bars in Ukrainian Village
Grocery Stores in Ukrainian Village
Coffee Shops in Ukrainian Village
Gyms in Ukrainian Village
Ukrainian Village Local Post Office and Delivery
- United States Postal Service
1240 N Ashland Ave. | M-F 8:30am-7pm, Sat. 9am-3pm
1658 N Milwaukee Ave. | M-F 8am-7pm, Sat. 9am-5pm, Sun. 11am-5pm
Dry Cleaners in Ukrainian Village
2149 W Division St.| M-F 7am-7pm, Sat 8am-6pm
1055 N Western Ave. | M-F 7am-7pm, Sat 8am-5pm
- Chicago Cleaners and Shoe Repair
1903 W Chicago Ave. | M-F 7:30am-7pm, Sat 8am-6pm
Parking in Ukrainian Village
- Visit the Ward 32 site for resident parking information
This has been a tiny sampling of the great things you’ll experience at your new Ukrainian Village home. As a seasoned Ukrainian Village moving company, we’ve learned all about the staples and cool places in the area. We’re happy to share more!
As you’re planning your big move, cross one major thing off your to-do list, and book Ukrainian Village movers who’ll a take load of stress off your mind. Call us at New City Moving, and we’ll help you move safely, smoothly, and on-schedule, so you can settle right in and start living your greatest Ukrainian Village life.
Page Updated on November 16, 2018