The Ultimate Guide to Moving Into Lincoln Park
April 25, 2017
Brought to you by Chicago’s Best Lincoln Park Movers
Located on the lakeshore, Lincoln Park is a comfy neighborhood with an upscale vibe. As your go-to movers in Lincoln Park, we’ll help you settle on a cozy, quiet street a few blocks from some spacious, swanky shopping.
In Lincoln Park, brand name stores are big, local boutiques are one-of-a-kind, and there’s always something cool around the corner. You’ll enjoy all the amenities you need, including a sweet 1200-acre park for nature, culture, and purebred dog-watching.
Lincoln Park is home to about 65,000 people (and their dogs). That’s mostly singles, with some families, and just a few more women than men. The average Lincoln Parker is around 30 and earns six figures. Also, 1,250 animals live in the Lincoln Park Zoo.
Lincoln Park Township officially joined the city of Chicago in 1889. Early on, a community from northwestern Poland migrated to Lincoln Park and brought its unique culture along. Decades later, the neighborhood welcomed Chicago’s first Puerto Rican immigrants. Lincoln Park is still stamped with both groups’ histories.
Now you’ve got the gist, here are some highlights—and basics—we found to help you start your Lincoln Park life.
Things to Do in Lincoln Park
Best Restaurants in Lincoln Park
- Pizza: Bacino’s. Delivers deep dish on the next level.
2204 N Lincoln Ave. | (773) 472-7400
- Vietnamese: Fuh. Delivers what it promises.
2218 N Lincoln Ave. | (773) 270-4418
- Burgers: The Butcher and Burger. Delivers 100+ options, many vegan friendly.
1021 W Armitage Ave. | (773) 697-3735
- Brunch: Batter and Berries. Worth the wait.
2748 N Lincoln Ave. | (773) 248-7710
- Groups: Venezuelan Bowl Grill. Huge portions in casual setting. BYOB.
2436 N Lincoln Ave. | (773) 327-1026
- Celebrations: Alinea. One of many fine dining choices.
1723 N Halsted St. | (312) 867-0110
Best Bars in Lincoln Park
- Cocktails: The Barrelhouse Flats. Artisanal mixes paired with signature foods.
2624 N. Lincoln Ave. | (773) 857-0421
- Music: The Tonic Room. Live entertainment for over a century.
2447 N Halsted St. | (773) 248-8400
- Family Night: The Galway Arms. Full menu, live Irish music.
2442 N Clark St. | (773) 472-5555
- Being Local: The Burwood Inn. Games and trivia.
724 W Wrightwood Ave. | (773) 525-2593
Grocery Stores in Lincoln Park
- Whole Foods: Two levels, parking, countless lunch options.
1550 N Kingsbury St. | (312) 587-0648
- Trader Joe’s: Busy at peak times.
667 W Diversey Pkwy. | (773) 935-7255
- Apple Finer Foods: Local, no alcohol.
2345 N Clark St. | (773) 880-5800
Coffee Shops in Lincoln Park
- Starbucks: Every block. North and Wells open 24 hours.
- Next Door Café: Local, group workspace.
659 W Diversey Pkwy. | (773) 472-3667
- Cocoa + Co: Serious treats.
1651 N Wells St. | (312) 624-8540
Gyms in Lincoln Park
Pet Parks in Lincoln Park
- Wiggly Field: Dog park.
2645 N Sheffield Ave. | Daily 6am-11pm
- Lincoln Park: Pet friendly.
500-5700 N. Lake Shore Dr. | Daily 6am-11pm
Lincoln Park Local Post Office and Delivery
- US Post Office
2405 N Sheffield Ave. | 9am-6:30pm M-F, Sat. 9am-3pm
- US Postal Service
2472 N Clark St. | M-F 9am-6pm, Sat. 9am-1pm
744 W Fullerton Ave #1c. | M-F 7:30am-9pm, Sat. 8am-6pm, Sun 12-6pm
Dry Cleaners in Lincoln Park
- Ultimate Dry Cleaning
1158 W Wrightwood Ave. | M-F 7:30am-8:00pm, Sat. 8am-7pm
- Lincoln Park Cleaners
659 W Armitage Ave. # 1 | M-F 7am-7pm, Sat. 8am-6pm
1123 W Armitage Ave. | 24/7
Parking in Lincoln Park
This has been a tiny sampling of the great things you’ll experience at your new Lincoln Park home. As a seasoned Lincoln Park moving company, we’ve learned all about the staples and cool places in the area. We’re happy to share more!
As you’re planning your big move, cross one major thing off your to-do list, and book Lincoln Park movers who’ll a take load of stress off your mind. Call us at New City Moving, and we’ll help you move safely, smoothly, and on-schedule, so you can settle right in and start living your best Lincoln Park life.
Page Updated on November 16, 2018