The Ultimate Guide for Moving into Ravenswood
January 22, 2018
Brought to you by Chicago’s Best Ravenswood Movers
Located in the Lincoln Square community area, Ravenswood is home to residential housing, local businesses, and a diverse community. Rich in culture, Ravenswood has become a staple to the Chicago community. As your go-to Ravenswood movers, we will help you become part of this community right away, and help you start finding your new favorite places.
Historically, the Ravenswood community was the blueprint for one of the city’s planned suburbs. The introduction to electric streetcars lines in the 1890’s and implementation of the CTA transformed Ravenswood to an easily assessable neighborhood.
Ravenswood has become home to over 150,000 people, most of whom are married and established. However, Ravenswood is seeing a rising growth of student housing for students commuting to and from school. The average income is around $50k.
Now you’ve got the gist, here are some highlights—and basics—we found to help you start your best Ravenswood life.
Things to Do in Ravenswood:
- LILLSTREET Art Center: Offers adult classes for all things ART.
- Chamber of Commerce: Directory for all things Ravenswood.
- Old Town School of Folk Music: Offers workshops for music, dance and visual arts!
- River Park: Part of the Chicago Park District.
- Davis Theater: No-frills neighborhood movie theater.
Best Restaurants in Ravenswood:
- American: Gather. Chic spot with an open kitchen.
4539 N Lincoln Ave | (773) 506-9300
- Southern: Luella’s Southern Kitchen. Traditional Southern favorites
4609 N. Lincoln Ave | (773) 961-8196
- Comfort: Caro Mio Italian Restaurant. BYOB
1833 W Wilson Ave | (773) 275-5000
Best Bars in Ravenswood:
- Lounge: The Rain Bar & Grill. Late-night eats.
4709 N Damen. | (773) 878-9400
- Beer: Fountainhead. Cozy bar featuring pub food.
1970 W Montrose. | (773) 697-8204
Grocery Stores in Ravenswood:
- Mariano’s: Open until 10 PM.
1800 W Lawrence Ave | (773) 334-3549
- Chuis Food Store: Local produce and focus.
4852 N Damen Ave. | (773) 271-2160
Coffee Shops in Ravenswood:
- Groundswell Coffee Roasters. Coffee drinks and sandwiches.
4839 N Damen. | (773) 754-7590
- Bang Bang Pie & Biscuits. Inviting space with excellent coffee.
4947 N Damen Ave. | (773) 530-9020
Gyms near Ravenswood:
- Ravenswood Fitness Center. Specialize in strength training. Flexible schedules.
1958 W Montrose. | (773) 784-0732
- Urban Athlete: Equipment, classes, and training.
4710 N Ravenswood Ave. | (773) 334-2201
Ravenswood Local UPS/Post Office:
- United States Postal Service
2522 W Lawrence Ave, Mon -Fri 8 am-7 pm, Sat 9am-3pm
Dry Cleaners in Ravenswood:
- Mint Cleaners
1834 W Lawrence. | Mon-Sat 7am-7pm, Sat 8am-6pm
- Kim’s Cleaners
1930 W Montrose | Mon – Fri 7am-7pm, Sat 8am-5:30pm
Parking in Ravenswood:
- Visit the Ward 47 site for information
This has been a tiny sampling of the great things you’ll experience at your new Ravenswood home. As a seasoned Ravenswood moving company, we’ve learned all about the staples and cool places in the area. We’re happy to share more!
As you’re planning your big move, cross one major thing off your to-do list, and book Ravenswood movers who’ll take a load of stress off your mind. Call us at New City Moving, or request an estimate online today, and we’ll help you move safely, smoothly, and on schedule, so you can settle right in and start living your greatest Ravenswood life.
Learn More About Moving in Chicago
- The Ultimate Guide to Moving Into Andersonville
- The Ultimate Guide to Moving Into Avondale
- The Ultimate Guide to Moving Into Boystown
- The Ultimate Guide to Moving Into Bridgeport
- The Ultimate Guide to Moving Into Bronzeville
Page Updated on November 16, 2018