The Ultimate Guide to Moving Into Bucktown
June 15, 2017
Brought to you by Chicago’s Best Bucktown Movers
Like its next door neighborhood, Wicker Park, Bucktown is full of bustling life and creativity. Residential streets are full of refurbished historic brownstones, next to stunning brand-new buildings that offer innovative ways of living. As your Bucktown movers, we’ll help you get your new home ready, so you can begin exploring what your new neighborhood offers. You won’t have to walk far to find shopping, nightlife, restaurants, nightlife and community spaces unlike any others in the city.
Of the roughly 24,ooo people who live in Bucktown, there are slightly more men than women. They have a median age of about 33, and a median yearly income of $90k. Most residents have bachelor’s degrees. Almost 40% of the population is married with children.
Bucktown began to grow and develop in the mid-19th century, when both industry and commercial businesses flourished in the area. Throughout the decades, it was populated by a diverse range of immigrant groups and rising Chicago families. Like many parts of the city, Bucktown began a decline during the Great Depression, but was revived in the 1970s. It continues to be one of Chicago’s liveliest neighborhoods today.
Now you’ve got the gist, here are some highlights—and basics—we found to help you start your best Bucktown life.
Things to Do in Bucktown
- Holstein Park: Community field house, pool, and programming.
- The 606: Art-accented trail for walking, running, biking and events.
- Flat Iron Arts Building. For working artists and public exploration.
- Gorilla Tango: Improv and comedy shows. Classes for all ages.
- Red Tape Theatre: Live performances of original works.
- Gallery Cabaret: Venue for live music and other events.
- Arts n Spirits: BYOB painting studio for all skill levels.
- Virtu: One of a kind jewelry and decor.
- The Red Balloon: Toys and clothes for kids.
- Wicker Park/Bucktown Chamber of Commerce: For community events and festivals through the year.
Best Restaurants in Bucktown
- Pizza: Sarpino’s. Chain, delivers late.
1852 N. Damen Ave. | (773) 276-7777
- Sushi: Coast Sushi Bar. Intimate space, BYOB.
2045 N Damen Ave. | (773) 235-5775
- Mexican: Quesadilla La Reina del Sur. Vegetarian, health-focused.
2235 N Western Ave. | (773) 235-8807
- French: Le Bouchon. Classic bistro, neighborhood institution.
1958 N Damen Ave. | (773) 862-6600
- Farm to Table: The Bristol. Unique creations from top-quality ingredients. Event space.
2152 N Damen Ave. | (773) 862-5555
- Brunch: toast. Simple and delicious. BYOB.
- Late Night: Arturo’s Tacos. Open 24 hours.
Best Bars in Bucktown
- Beer: Map Room. Brews from all over the world. Coffee shop in the daytime.
1949 N Hoyne Ave. | (773) 252-7636
- Live Music: Quenchers Saloon. Bar food and hundreds of beer options.
- Game Watch: Jack & Ginger’s. TVs, group-friendly food and drink specials.
- Game Play: WhirlyBall. Adult venue for bowling, laser tag, and WhirlyBall (played in bumper cars).
- History: Lottie’s Pub. Opened 1934, maintains its vintage vibe.
- Local: Bucktown Pub. Patio, food, family friendly.
- Dive: Danny’s Bar. A neighborhood fixture and homey place to dance.
Grocery Stores in Bucktown
- Mariano’s: Full grocery, prepared food.
2112 N Ashland Ave. | (773) 342-6585
- Aldi. European chain with low prices.
- Fresh Market Place: The place for produce and more.
Coffee Shops in Bucktown
- Starbucks: A couple nearby.
- Ipsento Coffee: Quirky setting, cafe menu, and coffee classes.
2035 N Western Ave. | (773) 904-8177
Ipsento 606: A sister location, serves cocktails.
1813 N Milwaukee Ave. | (872) 206-8697
- Little Beans Cafe: Features a playspace for kids.
Pet Parks in Bucktown
- Churchill Field Dog Park: Inside the Playlot Park.
1825 N Damen Ave. | Daily 6am-11pm
- Logan Square Dog Park: A community effort close by.
2526 N Western Ave. | Daily 6am-11pm
Gyms in Bucktown
- Midtown Athletic Club: Tennis courts, pool, fitness facilities, and high-end amenities
- Bucktown Athletic Club: Full equipment and group fitness.
- Bucktown Fitness Club: Local facility designed for all fitness levels.
2100 W North Ave. | (773) 235-3455
- Orangetheory Fitness: Coaching and group motivation.
1634 W North Ave. | (312) 757-164
Bucktown Local Post Office and Delivery
- US Post Office
2339 N California Ave. | M-F 8:30am-7pm, Sat. 9am-3pm
- US Post Office
901 W Armitage Ave. | 24/7
- UPS Store
1658 N Milwaukee Ave. | M-F 8am-7pm, Sat. 9am-5pm, Sun. 11am-5pm
Dry Cleaners in Bucktown
My Cleaners2129 N Leavitt St.| M-F 7:30am-7pm, Sat 8:30am-5pm
Courtesy Cleaning Co.2156 W Armitage Ave. | M-F 7am-7pm, Sat 8am-5pm
- Mister G Cleaners
2412 N Western Ave. | M-F 7:30am-7pm, Sat 8:30am-5pm
Parking in Bucktown
- Ward 32 resident parking zones
This has been a tiny sampling of the great things you’ll experience at your new Bucktown home. As a seasoned Bucktown moving company, we’ve learned all about the staples and cool places in the area. We’re happy to share more!
As you’re planning your big move, cross one major thing off your to-do list, and book Bucktown movers who’ll a take load of stress off your mind. Call us at New City Moving, and we’ll help you move safely, smoothly, and on-schedule, so you can settle right in and start living your greatest Bucktown life.
Learn More About Moving in Chicago
- The Ultimate Guide to Moving Into Buena Park
- The Ultimate Guide to Moving Into Chinatown
- The Ultimate Guide to Moving Into Edgewater
- The Ultimate Guide to Moving Into Gold Coast
- The Ultimate Guide to Moving Into Hyde Park
Page Updated on November 16, 2018